Road to Hana Tour
“LIVE THE LEGEND”
One of the most scenic drives in the world, the road to Hana is an experience not to be missed! On this historic highway you will see jaw-dropping views of rugged coastal shorelines, lush tropical rain forests and cascading waterfalls. You will also have an opportunity to swim in a fresh-water pool by a waterfall surrounded by dense, tropical jungle.
when we pick you up at your hotel or condo in one of our luxury, air-conditioned mini-coach tour vehicles (usually a Ford Transit high-roof touring van or, for small groups, a fully-loaded Honda Odyssey Touring mini-van), followed by a delicious continental breakfast at our first stop, Ho’okipa Beach Park. This is where the world-famous North Shore windsurfers compete for the world title each year. It also boasts spectacular panoramic views of the North Shore coast. Throughout this day-long excursion, your tour driver guide will keep you spellbound with colorful stories of the rich Hawaiian culture, history, and its many legends, dating back for generations.
There will be many other amazing sights to enjoy along the way, including the lava formations of Keanae, roadside fruit stands, vast bamboo forests and rare rainbow eucalyptus groves.
Just before we reach the isolated town of Hana itself, we will stop at a rare and magnificent black-sand beach, the Black Sand Beach of Wai’anapanapa. Translated from Hawaiian, Wainapanapa means “glistening fresh water” referring to nearby natural pools and fresh-water streams. Few people can actually say they got the chance to swim at a black-sand beach, as there are very few of them in the world. Here, you will not only have the opportunity to swim, but you will be able to step inside a cave-like lava tube and watch the waves as they lap into an opening at the other end.
Once in Hana, we will break for a picnic-style lunch and then take in several scenic spots, among them beautiful Hana Bay. At the end of the day, we drop you off at your hotel or condo, typically no later than 4:30 to 5:00, giving you plenty of time to enjoy the rest of your evening.
Your tour package includes:
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off to and from your Maui hotel or condo
- Travel in comfort and style in a luxury, air-conditioned mini-coach.
- Continental breakfast at the scenic Ho’okipa Beach Lookout
- Cascading waterfalls, tropical jungles, breathtaking coastal vistas
- Keanae Peninsula’s coastal lava formations with epic views of the ancient Hawaiian taro fields
- An opportunity to swim at a rare black-sand beach
- Volcanic sea arches and a walk-in lava tube
- Picnic-style Lunch in Hana
- An opportunity to swim at Puua ‘a Ka’a Falls
- Narration by Jack the Legend – the very best tour guide Maui has to offer – or one of his personally-trained expert guides
- Snacks & beverages throughout the day
Come join us and see why Maui is the number 2 destination spot in the world. Book your Hana Tour today!
MAUI LEGEND TOURS ROAD TO HANA ITINERARY
West Side: Kapalua – 6:00AM; Kahana/Nipili/Ka’anapali areas – 6:10 to 6:20 AM; Lahaina – 6:30 AM
South Side: Ma’alaea – 6:30 to 6:45AM; North Kihei – 6:45 to 7:00 AM; South Kihei/Wailea – 6:30AM
- 7:45AM – Ho’okipa Lookout for Continental Breakfast (Duration: 20 mins)
- 9:00AM – Ke’anae Penninsula (Duration: 30 minutes)
- 11:00AM – Wai’anapanapa State Park/ Black Sand Beach (Duration: 30 – 45 mins, depending on swimmers)
- 12:00PM – Picnic-style Lunch in Hana (Duration: 45 minutes)
- 1:30PM – Puua ‘a Ka’a Falls (Duration: 30 minutes, depending on swimmers)
South Side – 3:30 to 4:00 PM; West Side – 4:30 to 5:00 PM
Inclusions: Continental Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks & Beverages
Stop duration times are approximate. Between planned stops, we will make several brief stops for photo ops at a variety of scenic locations.